Monday, July 13, 2009

Today at Three Angles

Hello this is Christina Winkleman writing for vacation bible school. I hope that everyone is well. Today the vacation bible school accomplished quite a lot. After a delicious breakfast of eggs, toast, fresh pineapple, and mango juice we hopped into the van and headed to The Three Angles orphanage. First thing this morning we headed to the nursery and played with the babies and toddlers while the nannies had a meeting. The older children were in the school house and playing outside. Many team members fed, entertained, and were entertained by the children. Also, some members helped finish painting a under the sea painting for the children. Meanwhile, other members drew veggie tales scenes on the chalk board in preparation for the VBS camp beginning tomorrow. Name tags were made for the children to wear during camp too. We were blessed to have such a wonderful busy day. Everything went smoothly, and all of us are very excited to begin VBS tomorrow.

Thank You everyone who is praying for us.

Hello this is Deb Lamberton giving you the hot Haiti news for the medical team. Well Lynda made me do my job today as a co-leader. I was called many different joyful names such a drill Sargent and chart Nazi. Our day started as we drove up to the clinic and there were lines of people. Our biggest problem was that we were not having a regular clinic today. Surely God had to point us in the right direction on what his plan was for the day. We have our schedule ready for our surgery's which consist of mainly hernias. There were several minor surgeries done in the clinic. One brave 2 year old who was tongue tied and his mother was so happy that he could speak more clearly instantly. The others were lumps and bumps removed from various places by our surgeon Mike. Mikes assistant today was Kyle who was able to observe the surgeries and I did see him snap on some gloves for an exam. Mikes surgery crew was Connie and Matt, who set up and cleaned up and assisted for all of their procedures. Jack was the other provider there doing pre op apts and seeing his follow up patients and Kate was at his side learning every detail as she enters med school in August. Three cheers for Cydney and Chris who checked everyone in with their vitals and tried to keep them in a regular flow which is very hard in Haiti. Jamie was in the clinic as our gofer and in the orphanage with the kids. Tom was our check in man and started patient charts. This can be a difficult job also because many patients can not read and do not know how to spell anything or do not know their birth date. Lynda was of course my life line and did everything that I forgot to do or cleaned up all of my messes that I made. I just love that girl. Our patients face many thoughts besides just having surgery. One question I heard was after a man who was a coffin maker, was told he needs to take it easy for a month after hernia surgery, his response was "What if someone dies and I have to make their coffin?" All and all we had a great day and it was a great Monday. We were cooled off when we arrived back to the guest house and all jumped into the pool. We were blessed the most tonight by Katie's devotion. Today would of been Kate's brothers Aaron's 22 birthday. He died 2.5 years ago of colon cancer. We sure do miss Aaron. Katie reminded us that Aaron's purpose here on earth was truly to share Gods good words. Kate speaks so beautiful and when I grow up I want to be just like her. Happy Birthday Aaron!

Tomorrow will be our first big day at the hospital doing surgery. God has big plans for us. Tomorrow will also be the first day for vacation bible school and veggie tales here we come. Colleen, Pat, Megan, Kate, Kendra, Christina, Alexis, Tim, Megan and Kate have all been working hard preparing for this event. Happy in Haiti, Deb

Please pray that the surgical team has safe travels and that their work will glorify our Lord tomorrow. Please pray that the message of God's love is implanted into the hearts of the children they serve tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting View!! Anyways, I really enjoyed reading it. In fact if I were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com/ and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. I am not trying to advertise for anyone, I just feel like more people should have the opportunity to see this blog and I also got a lot of free hits from them for my own blogs.. Well, I look forward to all the updates.
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Deb - When I grow up I want to be like all of you!! Nancy Shankel