Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adore (Worship), Travay (work), Danse (Dance), e Pose (and chillin')

Gathering for Circle Prayer before breakfast

I sit here with my fingers poised over the keys. It took several minutes to get started because this day was so full of the Holy Spirit and blessings galore! I guess I will start with the beginning of the day. . .
Breakfast is at 7 am - the bell rings and it is time for circle prayer then breakfast - eggs, toast, and bananas.

Port Au Prince Fellowship Worship Band

Then we were off to church at Port Au Prince Fellowship. God rocked the House! The Holy Spirit was moving mightily in our worship and most team members were totally blown away. The service is in English and the message was about missions! Reaching out to other places like Africa and China . . . it was sort of surreal listening to a sermon on missions while we are on a mission trip. The service was 2 hours long and it was hot in there, but it did not matter . . . we were energized and ready to serve when we left.

Ayiti Dans Ansanm

OK, then it was finally time to get going on the clinic. We unpacked the bags we had and set up little teams to work on different areas. We got mostly done and then it was time for a special dance performance by Ayiti Dans Ansanm. They seemed especially awesome today. They are coming to Midland in about 2 weeks!
Watching the Dance with Friends

We are so blessed to have Tyler Buckingham bring his guitar for worship music tonight and a perfect devotion by Kurt. God just seems to provide what we need when we need it!
The swimming pool was great, too! It was refreshing and lots of fun! While some swim, others find a quiet place to journal, others read or get on the internet. It is 9:20 pm here and things are pretty quiet. Sleep should come easily tonight. Rest assured, everyone is safe and healthy!
Mwen priye ou domi byen! (I pray you sleep well!)

7 comments:

Michael Buckingham said...

Yes that's my boy! Let Tyler (Tyler Buckingham by the way...might help his friends find him) know that I'm proud of him for leading worship.

Hope you are all doing well.

Michael (proud dad of 2) Buckingham

Lynda Varner said...

Thanks Michael. I beat you to it though! As I lay awake and God not allowing me to sleep, Tyler's name was one of the reasons. Hence I am up at 1:20 this am correcting the post. AND . . . I was able to add some pictures! Why are they able to upload so much better during sleeping hours than awake ones? I know why you are awake :-) I hope the newest addition is doing well!
Blessings, Lynda

Lynda Varner said...

By the way . . . the team members DO look at the blog in the morning and check out the posts . . .

Anita said...

It's so good to get daily reports. I'm proud of Tyler too! Looking for a picture of the entire Archer family! Please?

Karen Combes said...

Thinking of you all in Haiti! I pray you had a blessed day! Please tell Nicky Hello for me!
Thanks!
Karen

M.Weber said...

Lynda please send my dad this little message from us.

Hey Daddy! I hope you are having an amazing time in Haiti! We all miss you so much! Hugs and kisses from us all!

Love,
Megan, Katlynn and Curtis

Shannon H. said...

Can't wait to see your team in action in a few days! Have a great time!