Friday, February 27, 2009

Haiti Time


I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the rest of the team tomorrow morning! I came 2 days early so I could take care of some business and prepare the clinic. It's amazing of how I always come here with visions of grandeur of getting lots of things done but the reality is that we are on Haiti time. We were at the American embassy at 7 am and did not get back to Three Angels until 1:30 pm because of a series of events including the car breaking down.

Two of Three Angels other employees happened to have business at the embassy, too, so these awesome young men came to the rescue and it was decided they would pull the van back to Three Angels. Hmmm . . . what to use to tie the vehicles together . . . Of course!! Cut the seatbelt out . . . we certainly don't WEAR them! OK, what to cut the seatbelt with . . . Hmmm . . . Ah! A glass bottle on the side of the street! Of course! Break the bottle and hold a piece of glass with pliers! Ingenious!! the seatbelt worked but came untied a few times. If you've ridden through the streets of Port Au Prince, you can imagine how that went! After the third time of untying, I started humming to myself "Bind Us Together Lord"! And he totally did the rest of the way home!All this and I ended up with a migraine so couldn't get the work done that I wanted. Hansel helped me hang the curtains made by Wonderful Wednesday sewing class at Messiah Lutheran Church. They look awesome!
It is nearly 10 pm and we still have power. I have been trying to get this to post on the internet for over an hour. Praying it works this time!
I will try to post next tomorrow evening. Stay tuned!!! God has huge plans!!


No comments: