Sunday, March 1, 2009

Internet is Spotty

Sorry family and friends for not posting last night. I tried several times, but the internet is so unreliable and I could not get on last night.
The team arrived safely. The flight was on time at the airport, no problems through customs . . . I sort of prayed their flight would be delayed because I was told by our transportation provider that they would pick me up Three Angels to go to the airport at 8 am. But, by the time 8:30 rolled around, I told Junior (our Haitian assistant) to get me some sort of transportation to the airport! About 9 am the transportation arrived and the traffic was horrible! I arrived just as the last person was getting into the van to come to the guesthouse! Greetings were very quickly made and off to the guesthouse. A quick swim for a few people, lunch, then Three Angels.
This is a small group of 7, but a very hard working group! Kendra and Kim set to work on preparing the "goodie bags" filled with toothbrushes, toothpaste, stickers, etc. They made about 250 bags.

Deb was busy with organizing and putting away supplies.

Denise put expiration dates on the meds.

Kayla sorted through expired meds and planned the organization of the pharmacy.

Chris and also helped with the meds. Then we taught Kendra how to poke fingers for blood sugar and HIV screens and taught her how to check urines for infection and pregnancy. We are almost ready! Today we are waiting for breakfast then going to church and back to Three Angels! Will try to post later, but depends on the computer.
Please pray for protection of the team from the evil one. EVERYONE is fine . . .

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you arrived safely. I am even more glad that you posted a picture of my boy!!! Thanks!!!